The Sweepovac has stolen many homemakers’ hearts thanks to its ease of use and convenient features. It’s also easy to install, as it’s designed to fit under kitchen cabinets so that it’s easy to reach when you need it. The unit comes with powerful suction that will sweep up debris on the first try and a toe kick operation that allows you to switch it on and control it without having to bend over to touch the controls with your hands.
If you’re on the market for a new vacuum cleaner to keep your kitchen clean, read on as we will provide you with a comprehensive review of the Sweepovac Built-In Kitchen Vacuum Plus. We consider this unit to be one of the best on the market and if it suits your needs then you’ll probably think so too by the end of this review.
Why Buy a Built-In Kitchen Vacuum?
Why use a built-in kitchen vacuum cleaner in the first place? The portable ones have worked well for you thus far, right?
Well, there are actually a lot of benefits and advantages to using a built-in vacuum as opposed to a portable model. For one, built-in vacuum cleaners are way more convenient because you don’t have to lug them from another area of the house to use them in the kitchen. Theirs is a really smart design when you consider the fact that the kitchen is one of the areas with the most traffic in the home and is prone to producing more messes.
Having a built-in vacuum will make it easier to keep the heart of your home clean with little effort. Plus, there’s no need to drag it around which means less energy spent in the cleaning process.
All you have to do is pull out the hose and start cleaning up!
An In-Depth Review of the Sweepovac Built-In Kitchen Vacuum
It’s interesting to note that there aren’t a lot of reviews on the Sweepovac Built-In Kitchen Vacuum even though it is one of the more popular models. That’s why we chose to do some research and review it for you because it truly deserves the spotlight for all the convenience and superior performance it provides.
This is the next step up once you get tired of the usual broom and dustpan combo. It works particularly well for cleaning kitchen floors and all you have to do is tap your foot on the provided button to start it up and you’re well on your way to a super clean kitchen.
Thanks to its 18-foot hose, this vacuum is ideal for large kitchens because it can cover a wide area without compromising on performance.
It also offers powerful suction that will take care of pet dander and difficult messes with equal ease, while its compact design keeps it out of place and will ensure that it doesn’t take up too much space in your kitchen. It certainly won’t stand out when placed in a posh kitchen because of its stylish construction.
You’ll also be glad to know that the Sweepovac Built-In kitchen vacuum is easy to install and works just as well for mobile home kitchens and RV kitchens.
It’s also made from heavy-duty steel that’s built to last. On top of that, it’s backed by a generous two-year warranty that covers defects and repairs alike. This means you won’t have to worry about replacing broken parts on your own or dealing with defects.
This is a “no-mess” vacuum cleaner that comes with dedicated bags that are easy to change when full. There’s even an indicator light that lets you know when the bag is full so that your vacuum is always working at its best.
Main Features of Sweepovac
This Sweepovac model offers a number of amazing features that make the cleaning process incredibly easy. As you’ll see below, these features are each thoughtfully designed and incorporated to increase the efficacy of the unit.
Easy to Install
Installing the Sweepovac vac is a breeze even for the most inexperienced homeowner to install and you can set it up in moments. It comes with all the tools you’ll need for a simple and quick installation.
This means you won’t need to hire a professional or technical expert to install it for you, and it comes with dedicated and useful installation instructions that will make the process even easier.
The Spun-Bound Anti-Bacterial Bags featured on this vac eliminate dirt and odors by sealing them in a way that they won’t permeate your space. The bags are thoughtfully designed so that the mess won’t spill over when you remove the dirt and debris.
Plus, there’s an indicator light that comes on whenever the bags get full so you can change them before it gets too late. This helps to prevent the bag from getting overfull and damaging the vacuum over time. To empty it, all you have to do is pull the tray out and take out the bag so you can empty it.
This vacuum is made to last from heavy-duty materials and thanks to its self-contained design it’s easy to move around and use.
As if the long hose isn’t enough of a convenience, the Sweepovac also switches on with a toe kick so you won’t’ have to bend over to operate it.
This makes it that much easier to take care of everyday kitchen messes like spilled juice, cereal and crisps, for example. All you have to do is tap the Sweepovac’s button with your foot and sweep the dirt away. No need for fetching brooms and dustpans or lugging heavy vacuum cleaners whose assembly will take time.
- Backed by a two-year warranty
- Easy to install in the kitchen, RV and mobile home
- Very compact and slim design
- Has a very powerful motor that rivals regular sized models
- Comes with an indicator light that’s designed to alert you whenever the filter bag gets full
- Features a long 18 ft. hose that allows you to reach every corner of your kitchen
- Easy to install even for the most inexperienced homeowner
- Because it’s a built-in model, it might take some time getting used to for some homeowners
- Doesn’t work for wet messes
- Can only cover a limited amount of space
How to Install
Installing this Sweepovac built-in kitchen vacuum is relatively easy thanks to the included instructions and tools. Those who have done it say it takes about 30 minutes in total and sometimes it can take even less.
Here’s what you need to install your Sweepovac:
- A drilling machine
- A marking pen
- A reciprocating saw
- The Sweepovac template which comes with the packaging
That’s it! These are all the tools you’ll need to install your Sweepovac, and the manufacturer recommends installing it underneath a kitchen island or cabinet. Alternatively, you can install it in an area that’ll make it easier for you to see and access it because it is your kitchen after all. You want to install the Sweepovac in an area that will make cleanup easier for you when all is said and done, but the area should also be sturdy enough.
It’s important to note here that if you want to place the Sweepovac beneath one of your kitchen cabinets, then you should start by measuring its dimensions and check if they match the provided template.
Next, here’s a step-by-step process for you to follow when the time comes to install the Sweepovac:
- Take the marking pen and trace an outline of the Sweepovac on the chosen location.
- Get the drill and create two holes on the top two corners of the area that you’ve just marked.
- Use a reciprocating saw or another suitable tool to cut out the outline of the area where you’ll be installing the Sweepovac.
- Every Sweepovac unit comes with a height adjuster that you can use to ensure that it’ll sit at the correct level once installed without buckling.
- Take the 10 ft. power cord that comes with the Sweepovac and attach it to the nearest outlet while the other end is attached to a corner of the cutout. You might need to use proper cabling or an outlet that will allow you to access the Sweepovac from a remote area if you decide to install it this way.
- Now, simply slide the vac onto the slot that you’ve created for it.
- Take the Allen wrench that comes with the package and use it to remove the faceplate.
- Use the four screws to attach the unit onto the cabinet.
- Use the Allen wrench to reconnect the faceplate.
- Now all you have to do is open the unit’s door and glide the door out. Then, put the filter bag on the back and install it. Place the drawer in its place and you’re ready to go!
The Sweepovac built-in kitchen vacuum is built for convenience, safety, and durability. It’s made from tough materials that will stand the test of time, and it comes with features that every homeowner needs, such as a compact design that won’t take up too much space in your kitchen, powerful suction, a no-mess filter bag, and a toe kick control button. It’s easy to install, easy to use and definitely worth the investment!